Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

2012 is HERE!! And this is the verse that is setting the tone and carrying me in...

Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

--2 Peter 1:10-11

To make my calling and election sure...I take that as to live, think, and act in such a way that solidifies and proclaims boldly and with certainty that I belong to and am in Christ, called, chosen, and appointed by Him, created for His glory, bought with a price. Moreso than ever before I am so strongly convicted that it's not about me. Achievements, failures, and everything in between - whatever I'm perceiving about myself - I am only at rest, I am only fulfilled when I am boasting in CHRIST, who He is and what He has done. So I am laying myself down to receive all that He is! Pursuing His heart in all new ways, knowing He only draws me closer and calls me higher. There are such wondrous places in Him yet to search out and uncover...oh, just to know HIM more. Entering with FAITH and great expectation. It's going to be one incredible year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment