Friday, May 20, 2011

Till I See You

Today I'm sharing a blog post that my pastor wrote about the rapture supposedly happening tomorrow, because I think he hits the nail on the head! You should definitely check it out!

Is The Rapture Coming This Saturday?

Even though I have my doubts about tomorrow being the rapture, it's always good to be reminded that Christ could be returning at any time. Sometimes it's so easy to get caught up in trivial day to day stuff that we lose our Kingdom focus and perspective! As believers we really need to be living every day in expectation of His return. We always need to be prepared! Since none of us knows the day or the hour (Matt. 24:36), for all we know it really could be tomorrow! Or the next day. Or a few weeks from now. In any case, are we living our lives fully for God each day? Are we recognizing that each day is a gift from Him not to be wasted? The present day/time is our only guarantee; in a heartbeat everything could change. So are we in sync with God's plans and His heart, and are we diligently seeking Him in the here and now? Are we sharing Christ with everyone who needs Him while we still can? All of these are convicting thoughts for me. One thing I do know is that when Jesus returns I don't want to be caught off guard. With all my being I want to be prepared to see Him face to face and to be able to say that I've given Him the very best of me, put Him first in all things and truly lived a life worthy of Him, pleasing Him every way (Col. 1:10). Of course in my heart I long to be with Him and can't wait for the day...but does the way I live my life truly reflect that?

Lord, open our eyes. Prepare our hearts for Your return. Because we do not know the day nor the hour, I pray that the way we live our lives every single day would anticipate the arrival of Your kingdom, and may we just overflow with excitement that You ARE coming soon! Let nothing hold us back, distract us or hinder us. Let us not be foolish but let us understand Your will (Eph. 5:17). You are all that matters. We eagerly await the day You come in glory to take us home to be with You forever.



Till I see you face to face
And grace amazing takes me home
I'll trust in You

I will live to love You
I will live to bring You praise
I will live a child in awe of You

1 comment: