Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hanging By A Moment

God has really been speaking to me lately, most clearly through a series of divine appointments that, taken all together, paint this picture of where God is leading me right now and what's in store. Confirmations all over the place. It's crazy amazing just to see how He works! And I don't even know the half of it! Doing the best I can just to take it all in and enjoy being in the moment with Him. That's where it's at. He works, He orchestrates, He guides and He leads...He perfects and takes care of all things concerning me....I place everything in His hands and get wholly lost in pursuit of Him. <3

Last night God laid these lyrics on my heart to speak to me. I haven't heard this song for quite a long time, probably several years, and way back when it was popular in mainstream radio and I used to listen to it, I wasn't a Christian and therefore didn't really understand its meaning. But when these lyrics "randomly" came to mind last night, when I started singing them out, I realized that God was speaking to me just where I'm at.

I'm falling even more in love with You
Letting go of all I've held onto
I'm standing here until You make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with You
I'm living for the only thing I know
I'm running and not quite sure where to go
And I don't know what I'm diving into
Just hanging by a moment here with You


--Lifehouse

I was amazed, because this sums me up so perfectly right now in terms of where I'm at (or where I feel like I'm at) in my relationship with the Lord. Falling in love with Him more and more is effortless, a wondrous whirlwind. Letting go of all I've held onto? I'm working on it. Sometimes I can get so caught up worrying about the future and all the what-ifs of every situation that I actually miss what God is doing in the moment. I miss that miracle because I'm waiting for future miracles. I miss just being with Him, enjoying the constant wonder and joy and peace of His presence in the here and now. Here's what we need to understand: God is here with us right now. Yes, He was with us in the past (whether we acknowledged Him or not, He has always been there), He is ahead of us taking care of everything in our future, but the relationship He is pursuing with us is happening in the here and now. The things He is speaking to us are in the here and now. He is revealing Himself to us right here and right now. And instead of our laboring and striving to take care of or gain control over every aspect of our lives (which we're blessedly unable to do anyway), He asks us to surrender all of that to Him and simply get lost in the moment with Him. We are to live fully in this moment. And it makes for an absolutely thrilling and adventurous ride - to live every moment delighting in Him and to see and experience the miracles He is constantly performing as He works in and through you. But if your mind is otherwise occupied, if it is focused on anything or anyone else, you won't see it. It's only when you're seeking that you will truly find.

So, I'll admit that most of the time I don't know where I'm going. I don't know what I'm diving into. And often times it sets me on edge. But that's okay, because God does. As long as I'm falling in love...as long as I'm continually letting go, surrendering all I am and all I have to Him...standing before Him in faith and expectation...living for Him, the only thing and only One I know...running after Him...taking the dive...I'm hanging by the moment, always by the moment...nowhere I'd rather be. :)

For in Him we live and move and have our being. - Acts 17:28

No comments:

Post a Comment