Sunday, July 31, 2011

New Creation

This has been one incredible week of...

-The Lord revealing the pure sweetness and gentleness of His heart to me as I have never known before...drawing me closer, showing me just how trustworthy He is and that I need never hesitate to come boldly to Him, pour out my heart, surrender all I am and all I have and receive all He is and all He has for me. It's a truly breathtaking and beautiful exchange. :)

-Fellowship with amazing, fiery women of God! I love how He has placed certain people in my life that speak forth truth and wisdom, encourage  me, challenge me, and spur me on to go deeper with Him and boldly live out my faith. Such a blessing. I'm definitely in a season of refining and stretching! So long comfort zone, it's time to run with abandon! I'm so excited to see what the Lord has in store this next month! Such expectation has been rising up in my heart as I'm trusting Him for so much right now. He is growing my confidence and faith in Him and I am just enjoying the crazy yet exhilarating ride!

-Reflecting on just how far I've come in my walk with the Lord. He has been showing me some things that have absolutely floored me and inspired great rejoicing in all the ways He has grown me and the completely miraculous work He has done in making me an all new creation. I remember exactly where I was when He found me, and when I consider all that He's done and where I am today I'm just in awe of Him. He literally lifted me out of the depths, out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire (Ps. 40). He not only rescued me, but He healed me, He poured out His mercy and His grace, He comforted, protected and sustained me throughout the long and painful healing process, He wholly redeemed and cleansed me of all my sin and shame and brokenness, He took all my insecurity and hopelessness and He gave me a NEW identity, a NEW hope, a NEW life and a NEW love. He found me wandering about in the darkness and brought me out into His glorious light. He opened my blinded eyes to see Him and His truth in all its glory. He breathed life into these dry bones. He seated me with Jesus in the heavenly realms! He showed me true freedom, true joy and true peace. He captured my heart and made it His. He gave my life meaning and purpose far greater than I ever could have imagined. And He showed me unconditional, unfailing, neverending love. And I praise Him so much that I will NEVER be the same! So thankful. I have never longed so much for the moment when I will finally see Him face to face. I'm just soaking it all in and allowing God to overwhelm my heart with His love. And I just delight knowing that He rejoices with and over me as I celebrate such amazing victory through Him and His awesome power. :) All the glory to You, Lord - I acknowledge You and You alone as my all in all, my everything!

When my heart was grieved and my spirit embittered,
I was senseless and ignorant; a brute beast before you.
Yet I am always with you; you hold me by your right hand.
You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.
Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Psalm 73:21-26

No comments:

Post a Comment