Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Awakening

Just had one of those nights where God completely convicted me and wrecked me in the best possible way. So amazing and so necessary. I love when God gets a hold of me and totally changes my perspective. It rocks me to the core. And I know I wasn't alone. His Presence among us tonight was unmistakable. He was stirring up hearts, opening eyes, calling us out. Awakening is here! It's for our generation. This life I'm called to live...this God I'm called to serve, whose Name I carry...this is it. It's God and God alone. There is no backup plan, there is nothing else. It's God. It's all about Him. In the end, He is all there is. And He has no need for lukewarm followers or half-hearted devotion. God wants it all. We're either all on His side, boldly living out our faith and being a part of advancing His Kingdom on the earth, or we're following a dead religion to a dead end that ultimately serves no purpose and makes no difference.

"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important." - C.S. Lewis

No, there is no meeting Jesus halfway. No room for lifeless religion. No room for self-centered or theoretical Christianity. There is no room for compromise when it comes to following Christ. There is no need for those of us who claim the name of Christ who do not take Him at His Word, for all that He is, and do not live as He is calling us to live for Him. We are called to live radically for Him, with whole-hearted devotion to Him. This has nothing to do with religion or philosophy or ideology. This is not a belief system, nor is it fun and games. This is about a real King and His Kingdom. One purpose, one life, one mission: Jesus Christ. I'm in. It's scary, it's overwhelming, it's chaos...but there is absolutely nothing else. This is reality. This is life and death. This is the Living God, the one and the only. And I'm going to battle for Him and with Him. I'm running the race! My gaze is set. My heart is undivided. My focus is Him. He is worthy of everything I have to offer, everything I can give, all that I am. Lord, help me to live boldly for You. More and more I realize what's at stake and I don't want to miss this. I am unashamed and unafraid, because I know You are with me and You have overcome! And I will never be the same. Hallelujah!

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. - Acts 20:24

In our hearts, Lord, in this nation
Awakening
Holy Spirit, we desire
Awakening

For You and You alone
Awake my soul, awake my soul and sing
For the world You love
Your will be done
Let Your will be done in me

In Your presence, in Your power
Awakening
For this moment, for this hour
Awakening

For You and You alone
Awake my soul, awake my soul and sing
For the world You love
Your will be done
Let Your will be done in me

Like the rising sun that shines
From the darkness comes a light
I hear Your voice say
This is my awakening

Like the rising sun that shines
Awake my soul, awake my soul and sing
From the darkness comes a light
Awake my soul, awake my soul and sing

Like the rising sun that shines
Awake my soul, awake my soul and sing
Only You can raise a life
Awake my soul, awake my soul and sing


Awake, my soul! - Psalm 57:8

No comments:

Post a Comment