Monday, April 4, 2011

Step by step

Sent in a bunch of job apps today! Also waiting to hear back on an interview. Trusting God to open the right doors and close the wrong ones. Excited about the possibilities. Expecting great things from my God. So humbled and so privileged to serve Him and live for Him. Thankful for the direction He has so faithfully been providing, and that He knows my needs and always takes care of them. Completely in awe of the way He's been answering my prayers and confirming His will to me, how it's never what I would expect but always so above and beyond that it leaves me speechless and in wonder every single time. Stirred up about everything He's doing in my life and for what's in store!

I have been learning, and I suppose I will always be learning, that it's all about simply taking that next step in obedience once God reveals it to me. And though it may seem scary sometimes, particularly since more and more He has been calling me out of my comfort zone and into places where I feel like I'm especially prone to weakness (gotta love how He works that way!), I trust that His plans are so much better than my own and I don't want to miss out on His best. His will is all I want because it means the greatest intimacy with Him and the greatest glory to His Name. I need not fear, because He will show Himself strong in my weakness. He will walk with me and surround me on all sides. He will never fail me. I will take Him at His Word and trust Him. Thank You, Lord, that You have made me to depend on You. I know that apart from You, I can do nothing (Jn. 15:5). I will follow where You lead me! And I will cherish each moment by living fully in the present with You, seeking Your face and acknowledging You in all my ways. No matter what happens, You are my portion (Lam. 3:24, Ps. 73:26) and my reward (Lam. 3:24; Gen. 15:1b), now and forever! Now what more could I ask or need? I am SO blessed. :)

I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go. - Isaiah 48:17

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." - Isaiah 55:8-9

As for God, his way is perfect. - Psalm 18:30a

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, because my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. - 2 Corinthians 12:9

The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me. - Psalm 138:8a

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. - Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him. - Psalm 37:3-7

Faith never knows where it's being led, but it knows and loves the One who is leading. - Oswald Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment