Sunday, April 3, 2011

Freedom is HERE!

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free." - Galatians 5:1

I love the song "Freedom is Here" by Hillsong United. We sang it for worship this morning, and as soon as it gets going, not gonna lie, I feel the urge to start jumping up and down! Of course every time I've tried to do that since last Tuesday night I get that familiar pain sensation in my calf muscles...yes, they are still sore. There was some heavy-duty hardcore jumping at our worship night, which was amazing and I have no regrets whatsoever but I guess my poor muscles just aren't used to it! Jazzercise must not work them enough or in the same way (I'll have to give them extra attention when I become an instructor). But they'll catch up with me soon enough. :)

I never was one to move a whole lot in worship (particularly in public worship) and it was definitely a process coming out of my shell, probably because I was always worried about what others would think of me. But more and more I'm shedding those insecurities and discovering the joy of just cutting loose and letting go and worshiping God with all I have! As it proceeds from my spirit and flows out my body, I can't contain it and I don't want to. It's His Holy Spirit in me that's inviting me and stirring me up to worship; who am I to hold Him back or get in the way of His leading? Part of being free in Christ is the freedom to worship Him with no limits or restrictions! Now THAT'S good news. There is no way to go too deep nor are there any limits to God Himself, and as we know, worship is what we're made for and how we'll spend eternity! I'm not even just talking now about physical expressions of worship, but everything in our beings, everything we are offered up to Him. Because of course it's perfectly and equally possible to be completely still in worship with no kind of physical engagement and still be worshiping Him in spirit and in truth, the place from which true worship proceeds (John 4:23-24). Our bodies are just along for the ride! :) There is an undeniable beauty and power in just being still before Him and I love those times when He calls me to be still or fall to my knees and His Presence just envelops me. But also at other times I've been finding that it's near impossible NOT to jump and shout for joy in His Presence, when we truly understand and experience the total and complete FREEDOM we have in Christ, and that this is THE purpose for which He has set us free! There is no greater freedom than in surrender to God. The more we surrender, the more we live in His freedom! It's glorious and absolutely liberating! Who can hold it in?! And this is only the beginning, only a hint of what's to come! Love this quote from A.W. Tozer:

"I can safely say, on the authority of all that is revealed in the Word of God, that any man or woman on this earth who is bored and turned off by worship is not ready for heaven."

So let's be ready! Let's worship Him with all we have right now, our entire lives as worship to Him! (Romans 12:1) In HIS Presence...fullness of joy and freedom! (Psalm 16:11; 2 Corinthians 3:17) Freedom is here, it's now, it's real and it's forever! Let's embrace it and live in it! As we go after Christ Himself and make Him the center and sole focus of our worship, the true and complete freedom that's found only in Him and in His Truth (John 8:32) we will fully experience. :) Thank You Lord!

Everything comes alive in my life as I lift You higher
Let Your freedom arise in our lives as we lift You up!

No comments:

Post a Comment