Thursday, April 7, 2011

Breathe

Even at night my heart instructs me. - Psalm 16:7

Gearing up to lead a scripture memorization subgroup through my church this summer, and this verse is one that keeps coming to me when I think about what it means to really know God's Word inside and out. And this is an absolutely beautiful picture of that - when we know His precious words so well, they are so deeply ingrained in us that they speak to us and instruct us even throughout the night while we're sleeping. They are the air we breathe. This is my prayer for this group - Lord, let Your Word dwell in us richly (Col. 3:16) that we might know You more. We just want more of You, to abide in You completely and to experience the power of Your living Word flowing in and through us. Your very words spoken to us are not only a joy and the delight of our hearts, they are life itself. There is nothing we treasure more. Thank You, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment